Sunday Sweats Theme Inspired by Holly
Here's a good one for this week. Rather than continuing to be frustrated with my limitations, or feeling like the upcoming 10-miler won't be worth it if I can't run the whole way, I'm going to focus on what I have achieved and what I'm currently achieving. I can run a lot more than I could in the past, I've been running consistently (mostly) for a longer period of time than I ever have, and sometimes it even feels good to do. What more do I need?
Onto the workouts...
Total Weekly Mileage: 8
Total Hours Exercised: 3.5
Weeks to Next Race: 4
Not much. 4 weeks left so just continue to run and incrementally increase the distance. Oh, and I finally tried my compression socks. I'm not sure that they did much but I'll try them again if my ankle/calf starts hurting and then we'll see.

| Image borrowed from Greatist |
Onto the workouts...
Weekly Workouts
Monday - Nada
Travel day, so unless cringing every time the kid behind us on the airplane shrieked counts, I'm afraid this wasn't a very energetic day.Tuesday - Strength Training, 30 Min Biking
We did single set fatigues, which was new to me! Essentially, just one set with your starting weight, and lift until your arms won't go up anymore. The last 5 shaky reps are the best, and I couldn't help but laugh through the end of each set at the sheer ridiculousness that my arms were giving out on such a light weight. Bench, incline, military, shrugs, pull downs, and ankle rehab. Biked after work.Wednesday - 1 Mile Run, Strength Training
I got up early and ran! I considered trying out the gym for our apartments, but instead jogged Luke around the neighborhood and was disappointed that the overall distance was almost half a mile less than I had thought. But it's a start and he'll be happy with the extra exercise. Plus he actually ran with me instead of dragging at the leash, which is rare! Squats at lunchtime, along with lunges, calf raises, and typical ankle rehab.Thursday - 3 Mile Run
Sometimes it is so hard to get started! I knew I wanted to run after work, but I moped around so much that I was in danger of not doing it at all. I think the only reason it happened is because I had to go to my parent's house anyway to return my dad's phone that he had left at work. Tiny thing to tip the scale, right? Anyway, considering how sore I was from the leg workout, it was amazing that I made it for 3 miles. It was slow, and there was no incline, but I "ran" it so that's what counts.Friday - Nada
A much needed recovery day.Saturday - 4 Mile Run/Walk
We ran outside at the park and it was beautiful! But it was also super windy, so I made it about 2 miles before I had to stop and start alternating walking and running. Running into the wind was weird! It blew the saliva out of my mouth and onto my face, effectively forcing me to close my mouth or drool on myself.Sunday - 30 Min Pilates/yoga
Not sure what we'll do yet but on my way to do something of this nature with my mom. Much needed since we missed the last couple weeks!Total Weekly Mileage: 8
Total Hours Exercised: 3.5
Weeks to Next Race: 4
Thoughts Going Into Next Week
Not much. 4 weeks left so just continue to run and incrementally increase the distance. Oh, and I finally tried my compression socks. I'm not sure that they did much but I'll try them again if my ankle/calf starts hurting and then we'll see.