Yup. I'd been eyeballing them for quite some time, but was hesitant to buy something that I was so skeptical of, even though I knew I'd have a blast using them.
But then I read 7 Ways to Live a More Magical Life over at Oddly Lovely, and realized that doing things just for fun is a perfectly valid reason to do them. I might not think essential oils can cure all ills, but I would have a ball playing with potions and aromatherapy in my own little home apothecary shop.
So I bought a "starter set" from a company which is hopefully not total crap and I made a list of what each oil is supposed to be good for. Lavender for sleep, relaxation, and headaches. Peppermint for digestion, nausea, pain relief, and so on. And I've played with them a little bit. It's easy enough to add stuff to body lotion, or coconut oil for a topical application.
Diffusing was another story. I used to have an oil warmer, but my compulsive purging saw that out the door years ago. At first I thought I'd just go really simple and buy some mini spray bottles, but I had trouble finding any with good reviews. After poking around, I went ahead and bought a diffuser. They're really not that expensive.
I've only used it a couple times so far, but the diffuser has been really nice! It really circulates the scent and the one I bought is kind of tear drop shaped, and does this color shift thing that I really like. The funniest part is that after using it once, Ryan noticed the smell (still hanging around the day after), liked it (he said it was how a "baller" should smell), and then commandeered the diffuser. So I might have to buy another one.
As you may have guessed this post really doesn't have much point. I just started using them and I have no advice or tips to offer, but I do have questions!

But then I read 7 Ways to Live a More Magical Life over at Oddly Lovely, and realized that doing things just for fun is a perfectly valid reason to do them. I might not think essential oils can cure all ills, but I would have a ball playing with potions and aromatherapy in my own little home apothecary shop.
So I bought a "starter set" from a company which is hopefully not total crap and I made a list of what each oil is supposed to be good for. Lavender for sleep, relaxation, and headaches. Peppermint for digestion, nausea, pain relief, and so on. And I've played with them a little bit. It's easy enough to add stuff to body lotion, or coconut oil for a topical application.
Diffusing was another story. I used to have an oil warmer, but my compulsive purging saw that out the door years ago. At first I thought I'd just go really simple and buy some mini spray bottles, but I had trouble finding any with good reviews. After poking around, I went ahead and bought a diffuser. They're really not that expensive.
I've only used it a couple times so far, but the diffuser has been really nice! It really circulates the scent and the one I bought is kind of tear drop shaped, and does this color shift thing that I really like. The funniest part is that after using it once, Ryan noticed the smell (still hanging around the day after), liked it (he said it was how a "baller" should smell), and then commandeered the diffuser. So I might have to buy another one.
As you may have guessed this post really doesn't have much point. I just started using them and I have no advice or tips to offer, but I do have questions!