Another meh week so rereading the positives is nice.
The Wins!
Biznass
- Forced myself to go to a networking event, even though I really, really wasn't feeling it. It was fine once I got there. It's not like I made amazing new contacts, but I gave out a couple cards and got some practice at this whole chatting with strangers thing.
Health
- Made real meals! We have been hardcore slacking in House Wellson these last few weeks, so even cooking frozen pre-prepared fish with rice and beans was a win for us.
- Managed to get in some morning workouts and (with one exception) workouts were all 15+ minutes. Looking to keep increasing that number over the next couple weeks (I had to start small to get myself to do it at all).
- Got some workout pants that fit! I've been resorting to pulling waistbands below my belly, which isn't great for mobility and, uh, pants staying on.
Happiness Project
- Nada. I dunno. Either the election drove this thoroughly from my mind, or what I'm learning this month is that I don't care about my personal projects.
Personal
- Ryan's aunt shared this image on Facebook and it might have been what I needed to hear about now. So I pulled my head out of my ass and actually wrote some non-political blog posts for next week.
- We left Toast out for 6 whole hours while we were gone and she didn't pee in the house! She's, like, a grown-up dog now. She's also been doing this thing where she follows me to the kitchen or closet or whatever closed in space and then sits with her back to me facing the open area. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be protecting her back or if she's guarding me, but it's oddly endearing.
- Called my state senators to let them know my stance on the electoral college, Bannon, and Trump's other latest appointees. (Here's an article about how to get your legislators' attention, if you haven't seen it already.) I was weirdly scared to do this so I'm proud of myself for getting over it and calling.
Thoughts and Plans for Next Week
- WordPress class/meetup and then food and family and not worrying about accomplishing anything!
