Now that I've completed Erin's book challenge ('bout damn time), I thought I'd take a shot at making a challenge of my own. I'm too lazy to organize something and try to get people to link up, so I figured I'd go a very personal route and incorporate some categories that work with my happiness project.
I was considering cheating and counting the books I've already read for my happiness project, but too much time has gone by so I'll start fresh. No real rules, since it's a challenge for and with myself only, but I'm allowing the happiness project categories to count multiple times if I read several books for that particular topic, while the others only count once.
I'll continue to talk about my monthly reads in Show Us Your Books, and I'll give updates on this challenge there, like I've been doing with Erin 5.0.
Jenn's Personalized Book Challenge
- 5 points: Genre Pioneer (first dystopian, romance, etc)
- 10 points: Career Development (anything business-based)
- 10 points: Social (a book for a book club or a book about friendships/making friends)
- 10 points: Self Actualization (advances the self actualization goals I choose for that month)
- 10 points: Fun (hobby based or how to incorporate more fun into daily life)
- 10 points: Mindset (about inner calm or anything baby/labor prep related)
- 20 points: Recommendation from Someone Who Reads my Genre
- 20 points: Recommendation from Someone Who Doesn't
- 20 points: Title That Could Describe Me (this one is just silly fun)
- 25 points: Genre I Don't Normally Read
- 35 points: Book I've Been Putting Off
I was considering cheating and counting the books I've already read for my happiness project, but too much time has gone by so I'll start fresh. No real rules, since it's a challenge for and with myself only, but I'm allowing the happiness project categories to count multiple times if I read several books for that particular topic, while the others only count once.
I'll continue to talk about my monthly reads in Show Us Your Books, and I'll give updates on this challenge there, like I've been doing with Erin 5.0.