There are tons of great linkups floating around and I've participated in my fair share. Absolute favorites: Show Us Your Books, the themed monthly goals posts that Steph and Stephanie ran for a while, and, surprisingly (because it was so short-lived), Sarah and Helene's #TotalSocial.
I think what I liked most about that last one was the variety. It was a different writing prompt each month, and everyone could answer however they liked, so you could read 50-some posts in the linkup and they'd all be totally different. (My favorite topic was "firsts" because I went the scandalous route and talked about my first stripper, aka the bachelorette party I threw for a friend that went rather badly.)
Anyway, reminiscing aside, I've had occasional ideas about linkups that would be fun to run but I'm too lazy and lack the social klout to pull it off, so I always just let them pass me by. Here's hoping I inspire someone else to host one of these for me. :P
I think what I liked most about that last one was the variety. It was a different writing prompt each month, and everyone could answer however they liked, so you could read 50-some posts in the linkup and they'd all be totally different. (My favorite topic was "firsts" because I went the scandalous route and talked about my first stripper, aka the bachelorette party I threw for a friend that went rather badly.)
Anyway, reminiscing aside, I've had occasional ideas about linkups that would be fun to run but I'm too lazy and lack the social klout to pull it off, so I always just let them pass me by. Here's hoping I inspire someone else to host one of these for me. :P
20 Linkup Ideas
- Story Time - A funny/embarrassing/memorable story from your childhood
- Life Lessons - Your top 3 pieces of wisdom and the stories behind them
- Sell Yourself - What makes you a good friend/employee/human being?
- Closet Hobby - What's a topic you love, but can't find anyone to enjoy with IRL?
- Alliteration Ahoy! - Write about anything, but pick a letter and make every sentence start with that letter.
- Someone Else's Shoes - Defend a viewpoint you don't share.
- Grind Those Gears - A freebie day for complaining. What's bugging you?
- Mistakes Were Made - A big mistake you've made or seem to keep making.
- And So Our Story Begins - Write the intro sentence/paragraph to your own memoir. Then the last, with full freedom to predict where it'll all end up.
- Did You Know? - Whip out your favorite fun facts or trivia. Educate us.
- Doodle Day - Using whatever artistic ability you have (or don't) doodle something from your day, or how you'd like the day to go.
- Book Swap - Actually, this might already exist. Anybody know of one?
- Young Love - Tell us about your first crush.
- On Fleek and Off Beat - Which trends do you like and which can you not stand?
- 180 - Something(s) you've completely changed your mind about
- Utopia - What would your perfect world/day/job/house/relationship look like?
- Kiss and Tell - Dating mistakes, mishaps, or just funny stories
- Dream Big - What's your lifelong goal/where do you want to be in 10, 20, or 40 years?
- Charity Day - Everyone picks one charity to donate $5 to, tells what they picked and why.
- Things That Should Exist - A product, concept, law, etc that's made you think, "Why isn't this a thing???"