Feb 13, 2015

Valentine's Flyer Advertisements - Design Day Friday

On the plus side for Valentine's Day - I got a project!

This one was a bit of a rush job, which actually turned out great, because that (and my awesome, stellar designs - maybe) meant no changes.  Easy peasy.

Concept


It was for a countertop company, and it was a play on the diamonds (or an engagement ring, possibly) for Valentine's thing.  I could explain it, but you'll see...

Version 1





Version 2



Version 3



The client actually asked for the image files for 2 of them to use in a couple different places, which is always a good sign, I suppose!  And I believe their favorite was #3, which was also Ryan's favorite.  I like all of them (obviously), but the colors on #2 make my heart the happiest.

One thing I was kind of intrigued by was the whole "don't buy a diamond, buy a countertop" marketing idea.  At first I was thinking a "rock" meant an engagement ring, and then I thought, "Oh no, that's not a good substitute at all.  She'd be piiiiissed!"  But I guess instead of jewelery... I don't know.  Do people buy this sort of thing for Valentine's Day?  Ryan and I don't (as you may recall), but what do you think?

Which is your favorite?  And if you wanted a "rock" for Valentine's Day, would a countertop be a good substitute?


Jenn signature graphic | Business, Life & Design