I made zoodles. AND I took pictures. But not of the finished product because I got distracted and ate them.
This post reminds me of the time Alyssa, Dani, Michael and I went pumpkin picking and wine tasting. Perhaps we were plaid-clad, or maybe just discussed plaid and blanket scarves and all the Fall trends? I don't recall. But it is interesting to see the trends that the blogging world picks up and loves to the point of suffocation.
And it's even more fun to try those things myself.
So zoodles! This was perhaps my most spontaneous culinary experience to date.
Ryan has decided to try Keto. Don't ask me the details, I'm still not 100% sure I understand the motives or the rules. I was going to just ignore it and hope I didn't buy too many things that would tempt him away from his diet, but when he showed me some of the recipes they actually looked easy and fun to cook.
So we rushed off the grocery store and bought about a hundred dollars of ingredients and made our first meal that evening: beef "stroganoff" with zoodles.
The stroganoff was basically ground beef with copious amounts of cream and cheese. Also salt, pepper, and thyme, which was an interesting and tasty flavor.
The zoodles entailed abusing a poor zucchini and scooping out its innards (I did not deseed it, because lazy and isn't that the good stuff?). Then after it was halved, using a peeler to get the thinnest possible slices. Again, I cheated because ain't nobody got time for that, and just sliced thinly.
Boiled it for 1 minute because the "cook with acid" thing sounded weird and Ryan's staying away from hot sauce right now, and to my great shock they turned out quite delicious!
I've only learned how to cook zucchini within the last year and I'm learning it's a very easy vegetable to work with. And it's much tastier than broccoli.
Next up: bulletproof coffee!
This post reminds me of the time Alyssa, Dani, Michael and I went pumpkin picking and wine tasting. Perhaps we were plaid-clad, or maybe just discussed plaid and blanket scarves and all the Fall trends? I don't recall. But it is interesting to see the trends that the blogging world picks up and loves to the point of suffocation.
And it's even more fun to try those things myself.
So zoodles! This was perhaps my most spontaneous culinary experience to date.
Ryan has decided to try Keto. Don't ask me the details, I'm still not 100% sure I understand the motives or the rules. I was going to just ignore it and hope I didn't buy too many things that would tempt him away from his diet, but when he showed me some of the recipes they actually looked easy and fun to cook.
So we rushed off the grocery store and bought about a hundred dollars of ingredients and made our first meal that evening: beef "stroganoff" with zoodles.
The stroganoff was basically ground beef with copious amounts of cream and cheese. Also salt, pepper, and thyme, which was an interesting and tasty flavor.
The zoodles entailed abusing a poor zucchini and scooping out its innards (I did not deseed it, because lazy and isn't that the good stuff?). Then after it was halved, using a peeler to get the thinnest possible slices. Again, I cheated because ain't nobody got time for that, and just sliced thinly.
Boiled it for 1 minute because the "cook with acid" thing sounded weird and Ryan's staying away from hot sauce right now, and to my great shock they turned out quite delicious!
I've only learned how to cook zucchini within the last year and I'm learning it's a very easy vegetable to work with. And it's much tastier than broccoli.
Next up: bulletproof coffee!

