Sep 22, 2016

The Bright Spots

I think we've all felt mired in negative, depressing news at some point.  And especially lately, with shootings, hate crimes, emotions running high over the election, and terrorism over in Europe, it's hard to remember that there's good in the world too.

Every once in a while, a happy story makes it to the front page of Reddit and it's like a little bright spot in the heap of ugly.  I figured we could all use a break, so I collected my favorite stories from r/UpliftingNews so that the non-Redditors could enjoy it too.

A lesbian couple's home was egged and their rainbow flag stolen.  Their neighbors showed solidarity by hanging their own rainbow flags.

Dog mayor elected for 3rd term in Cormorant, Minnesota

Traditional Indian parents throw their son a gay Hindu wedding

Women Celebrates Her Birthday by Feeding the Hungry

Community cleans up racist graffiti on family's home before they return from vacation

Divers Rescue Trapped Whale Shark in Mexico

McDonalds Worker with Down Syndrome Retires After 32 Years

Girl Rescued from Rubble in Italy

Mystery Duck Cheers Up Heartbroken Dog Grieving over "Best Friend"

Arizona Coyotes Hire Dawn Braid, NHL's First Ever Female Coach

And to top it all off, I'll end with this picture of happy hippos.


What do you do to keep cheerful when the news feels really depressing?  What are your favorite news stories?


Jenn signature graphic | Business, Life & Design