If you missed last week, I'm celebrating my 29th birthday (today! on the 29th) with 29 things you probably don't know about me! Kudos to those who aren't surprised by things on this list. Obviously you're my "real" friends. ;-)
I already posted the first 15, but here's 16-29.
To sum up: Happy birthday to me! I live in a tree. I look like a monkey and I broke this rhyme when I switched from "you" to "me."
I already posted the first 15, but here's 16-29.
16. I have worked as a...
...waitress (Charcoal Pit and Red Robin), cashier (Dominoes), writing tutor (Deltech), copy center specialist (Staples), and finally graphic designer (numerous). I used to say waiting tables was my "backup" if I ever moved and couldn't find a job, but now I think I'd do anything else to avoid it. It made me so unhappy.17. I am strangely overconfident
Faced with any new craft or art project, my first assumption is always that it will be a piece of cake. I've been proven wrong more times than I can count, but I still seem to make this mistake!18. I wore mostly black in high school
I think it was a confidence thing. I didn't have any, so I hid in oversized clothes and wore dark colors to deflect attention.19. I don't like the act of cooking nearly as much as I like feeding people
I will almost never cook food for just myself. There has to be at least one other person to make it worth the bother.20. I went to Mexico when I was 19
I ran off with a friend to have a wild adventure and establish my independence from my parents. It was a surprisingly good experience, given our youth and lack of planning, but then again we were staying with her then boyfriend's family so they prevented us from doing anything too stupid.21. Despite the statistical unlikelihood, I think I'm a tetrachomatic
You know that condition where you have an extra type of cone in your eye and can see more colors than most of the population? I have no evidence to back up this belief, but if there was a test for this (that wasn't an Internet scam), I would take it. More likely, I just like colors more than my friends and family, but it's fun to feel special.22. I have 2 tattoos
These are hardly secret, and I've definitely posted about them at one point long ago, but they're not in a super visible place, so unless I've been to the beach with you, you probably haven't seen them. One is about the importance of the self, and the other is a tribute to my sisters and our attempt to stay close despite increasing physical distance.23. I drew both of them
Ain't no way this control freak graphic designer gonna put someone else's design on her skin! Though the 2nd one is just 3 interlocked circles, so anyone could have drawn that.24. I don't understand soda drinkers
I need water when I'm thirsty or with a meal. Soda, while sugary and tasty, just doesn't make me feel hydrated, and it's really not enough of an enticement on its own to be worth the calories (I can't stand diet soda). So in the past it's really just been a carrier for my alcohol in but now that I don't drink? An entirely pointless beverage.25. I have tried cigarettes, the green stuff, and certain pills
None of which did much for me. Cigarettes were just nasty, what was supposed to make me mellow and happy instead made me angry and miserable, and pills scare me too much to repeat. I'm actually really glad to be a non-drinker now, because it means I don't rely on any substances to feel good. At one point, I wanted to "try everything" but I'm glad I never got the chance to because now it seems entirely unnecessary and the idea of permanent damage or flashbacks is terrifying.26. I AM an adrenaline junkie
I really enjoy overcoming fears and doing things that scare me. I LOVE that thrill of excitement you get when you're falling and your stomach feels like it just slammed into your spine. White water rafting, rides but especially the ones that drop you, sky diving (except that we felt sick afterwards), driving a quad, anything that is just unsafe/uncomfortable enough to give you that tingle.27. I had been engaged once before I met Ryan
We were too young and hadn't been together long enough and started being miserable almost instantly after deciding to get engaged. My only regret is that it didn't end sooner.28. I had to take a remedial cursive class in elementary school
That's how bad my handwriting was. I did, however, get to do the advanced art class in middle school, so there!29. Nope, sorry, just 28
I had one here, but reconsidered, and then I almost didn't post this because it was incomplete, and then decided what the hey! I'm on vacation. And it's my birthday. You guys will survive, I'm sure.To sum up: Happy birthday to me! I live in a tree. I look like a monkey and I broke this rhyme when I switched from "you" to "me."