I managed to cross several things off my bucket list this past year! I got married and had a beach bonfire (the 2nd of which has been on my list since high school), so that was kind of a 2-for-1. I also ran my first half marathon.
Just for fun, here's everything I've completed already (in chronological order!):
In past years I'd also do an update on whatever my yearly project is (here's 2014), but the whole craft thing didn't pan out so well, so all I've got this year is bucket list stuff. Though, frankly, that's more than enough for me!
For 2016, I'm going to go back to trying something new each month. I think new experiences motivated me a lot more than projects and really, when I look back at my life, I know I'm going to value those memories more than the (not so) pretty crafty things I assembled. But I also want to shift the focus to not just "new" things but opportunities. So expect a few freelancing and career posts later in the year.
Just for fun, here's everything I've completed already (in chronological order!):
- ✔Skydive (2009)
- ✔Skinny Dip (2009)
- ✔Parasail (2009)
- ✔Graduate College (2010, 2012)
- ✔Illustrate a Book (2011)
- ✔Get a Tattoo (2011, 2014)
- ✔Start a Business/Be an Entrepreneur (2011)
- ✔See the Grand Canyon (2012)
- ✔Visit Europe (2013)
- ✔Get a Real Job (2012, 2013)
- ✔Pose for an Art Class (2014)
- ✔Acquire a Title (2014)
- ✔Attend a Beach Bonfire (2015)
- ✔Get Married (2015)
- ✔Run a Half Marathon (2015)
- Collect Pics of All the US License Plates (up to 48 of 50)
- See the Northern Lights
- See a Solar Eclipse
- Become Fluent in Another Language
- Take Dance Lessons
- Write a Book
- Zorb
- Win a Contest
- Travel the Amazon
- See Machu Picchu/Chichen Itza
- Experience Zero Gravity
- Visit Every Continent (Europe 2013, Australia 2016)
- Scuba Dive
- Build a Treehouse
- Create My Own Scholarship
- Go to the Galapagos Islands
- Stand on an Island so Small You Can See All Coasts at Once
- Ride a Mechanical Bull
- Be in a Flash Mob, or a LARP Event
- Travel by Dog Sled
- Ride in a Hot Air Balloon
- Do a Cartwheel
- Hang Glide
This year I'll be adding a continent to my list (in Australia right this very moment!) and possibly zorbing on this same trip. I'd like to tackle another list item over the summer, but it's pretty low pressure since I aim for 1 bucket list item a year and I'll have completed 2 before January is even over!
For 2016, I'm going to go back to trying something new each month. I think new experiences motivated me a lot more than projects and really, when I look back at my life, I know I'm going to value those memories more than the (not so) pretty crafty things I assembled. But I also want to shift the focus to not just "new" things but opportunities. So expect a few freelancing and career posts later in the year.