Gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaal(s)! I like 'em, you like 'em. Here's how I did on my summer goals.
4.5/7 - :( I've been trying to set attainable goals so I can actually, you know, attain them, but obviously I need to tweak my strategy a bit. Sometimes I set goals that I end up not caring about later, and sometimes I don't give myself enough personal time to actually go after "non-crucial" projects. I'll be working on both of those things in this next round.
Here's the new goals...
Oh, and Happy Fall everyone!
Summer Seasonal Goals
1. Run a Half Marathon - Check!
It wasn't pretty because of all the time off for ankle/shin/you name it issues, but I went, I ran, and I didn't die. And I've actually got another scheduled for this weekend.2. Filing Cabinet - Check!
Finally. So glad to have this off my to do list.3. Barbell Squat My Bodyweight - Check!!!
What an awesome day this was. Squatted 205 even though my weight is down to 187.4. Look at Houses - Fail.
We decided to defer this. There was just too much going on and potential for career change/moving. Next year!5. Redesign JennWellsDesign.com - Fail.
I'm actually rethinking this, because I have a couple people who prefer my current site to the redesign, and my search rankings aren't bad so I need to make sure I don't lose that... But I do want to brag about this other website for Enveste Real Estate, which I'm pretty proud of and will make a very nice addition to my portfolio.6. Go to the Beach - Check!
Three times, as a matter of fact. I went on my first ever blate in New Jersey, hung out in Rehoboth with some friends, and got married down in the Outer Banks just last month.7. Play More Games - Eh...
This is kind of a vague goal so it's hard to say. We had a least a couple game nights a month, but Ryan and I really don't follow through with "Friday night game night" so maybe half a point for this.4.5/7 - :( I've been trying to set attainable goals so I can actually, you know, attain them, but obviously I need to tweak my strategy a bit. Sometimes I set goals that I end up not caring about later, and sometimes I don't give myself enough personal time to actually go after "non-crucial" projects. I'll be working on both of those things in this next round.
Here's the new goals...
Autumn Seasonal Goals
- Finalize Australia trip w/sisters. (I had this as "plan" but we got started earlier than I expected. But we do need to finish booking hotels, activities and such.)
- Come up with a kickass idea for themed Halloween costumes this year!
- Pursue 3 different avenues for finding new clients
- Bake something
- Go on an adventure each month (try something new, go somewhere, meet new people, whatever!)
- Finish Christmas shopping! (I'm already about halfway done, but need some inspiration for a couple people...)
- Finish my in-limbo craft projects. A) Print scrapbook pages B) Trim down recipe book pages C) Draw something for one of my gift ideas D) Paint mirror frame
- Do just 1 Fall-themed thing! (Apple picking, pumpkin carving, hayride, something!)
Oh, and Happy Fall everyone!