As you know, we're mostly not sharing pictures online. But...
Since these ones made it onto the somewhat public Facetube, and my blog is no longer promoted on any social media channels, I feel less bad about sharing them here.
This was our first 5K with Orion! We had an iffy couple minutes at the beginning when he decided he wasn't happy but the running lulled him back to sleep and all was well. Ryan kicked ass and ran the whole way pushing the stroller. (Which doesn't seem like that big a deal, but I can go barely 1/10th of a mile with that thing. It suuuucks.)
And, obviously, this was for Mother's Day. Look at my little cutie patootie!!!
I got all excited and said to Ryan, "You had to use fonts to make this!" His response? "You're giving me too much credit."
Alas, Internet photo theft. Still cute, though.
Side note: Ryan then told me he has NO METHOD FOR ACCESSING FONTS on his computer. Whaaat? How can anyone live that way???
In other baby news, Orion is huge now. It's inconceivable to me that he was inside my body at one point. He chews on everything and is getting pretty good at grabbing (and hair-pulling!). He laughs, which is adorable, especially at Ryan doing heavy metal imitations (whatever works for you, kid) and me doing crunches while he's sitting on my stomach.
He drools so much! It's ridiculous. Lifting him over your head is pretty much asking for some slobber on your face. We have burp cloths and receiving blankets everywhere because it's not even worth the effort of putting them away anymore.
Orion is getting close to rolling over. People keep telling me I shouldn't be excited for this, but I am. Ryan and I are like his cheer squad, "C'mon baby, you can do it! Just let the weight of your giant head pull you over sideways!!!"
I am also gleefully awaiting the day the pediatrician oks "people food." We've given him tiny tastes of things already (apparently the advice used to be to start babies at 7 weeks - crazy! Now it's 4-6 months) and I laugh every time at the scrunched up face he makes. So far he doesn't seem to be a fan of anything edible, just burp cloths and his own hands.
I could go on but I'll cut myself off here. The short summary: he's cute, he drools, and he's changing so fast it's hard to keep up.
Since these ones made it onto the somewhat public Facetube, and my blog is no longer promoted on any social media channels, I feel less bad about sharing them here.
This was our first 5K with Orion! We had an iffy couple minutes at the beginning when he decided he wasn't happy but the running lulled him back to sleep and all was well. Ryan kicked ass and ran the whole way pushing the stroller. (Which doesn't seem like that big a deal, but I can go barely 1/10th of a mile with that thing. It suuuucks.)
And, obviously, this was for Mother's Day. Look at my little cutie patootie!!!
I got all excited and said to Ryan, "You had to use fonts to make this!" His response? "You're giving me too much credit."
Alas, Internet photo theft. Still cute, though.
Side note: Ryan then told me he has NO METHOD FOR ACCESSING FONTS on his computer. Whaaat? How can anyone live that way???
In other baby news, Orion is huge now. It's inconceivable to me that he was inside my body at one point. He chews on everything and is getting pretty good at grabbing (and hair-pulling!). He laughs, which is adorable, especially at Ryan doing heavy metal imitations (whatever works for you, kid) and me doing crunches while he's sitting on my stomach.
He drools so much! It's ridiculous. Lifting him over your head is pretty much asking for some slobber on your face. We have burp cloths and receiving blankets everywhere because it's not even worth the effort of putting them away anymore.
Orion is getting close to rolling over. People keep telling me I shouldn't be excited for this, but I am. Ryan and I are like his cheer squad, "C'mon baby, you can do it! Just let the weight of your giant head pull you over sideways!!!"
I am also gleefully awaiting the day the pediatrician oks "people food." We've given him tiny tastes of things already (apparently the advice used to be to start babies at 7 weeks - crazy! Now it's 4-6 months) and I laugh every time at the scrunched up face he makes. So far he doesn't seem to be a fan of anything edible, just burp cloths and his own hands.
I could go on but I'll cut myself off here. The short summary: he's cute, he drools, and he's changing so fast it's hard to keep up.

