Jul 7, 2015

Obsession - It's My Turn!

I've seen a couple of these popping up and they are super fun!  I, following in Stephanie, Holly, and Kristin's footsteps, polled my family and friends to see how they would answer the following:

What Am I Obsessed With?


Blogging (2/8)

This is a no brainer.  When I asked them the question I started with, "I'm doing a cheesy blog thing..."

Self Improvement (2/8)

Yep!  One of my favorite topics and highly featured on the blog.

To Do Lists, Organization (2/8)

If you guys could see the elaborate lists I put together in my Google Docs, you'd know exactly what these people were referring to.  And I'm continually reorganizing the kitchen to attempt to attain optimum efficiency.  (Spoiler: It's not going to happen.  Too many people, too little cupboard space.)

My Dog, Dressing My Dog in Human Clothes (2/8)

Well this is just begging for a collage!  Care for some crappy phone photos, anyone?


Running, Healthfulness (2/8)

I'm certainly trying to make this an obsession!  It's definitely true that we've got a plethora of workout equipment in the basement that we did not have 2 years ago AND I'm super excited about my new fitbit.  Wearable technology!  This is the future, guys!

School Supplies (1/8)

Holly had said something in her post about how her real-life friends don't know her as well as her blog friends and I thought that would be the case for me also because I've changed a lot in the last couple years.  Buuut... I forgot about our history.  You wouldn't know this unless you took me to a Staples, but if we've been anywhere near rainbow sets of sharpies and highlighters, then you know.  Oh yes.  Planners and organizers and fancy pens!  And that fresh paper smell!!!

Lord of the Rings (1/8)

As evidenced by my sparkly Galadriel engagement ring, and overly elaborate Sting letter opener, this fandom runs deep.

Books (1/8)

Fair enough.  I wish I could say I was more into books, but I like 'em well enough and I've been reading a lot more recently, thanks to various book challenges!

Never Making Mistakes (1/8)

This was a joke from Ryan, but it's a joke with a deep core of truth.  As my poor boyfriend is privileged to witness firsthand, I can be more than a little hard on myself when I do something stupid, like, say... forget to save a file for 3 hours and then lost all my work when the program crashes.

Role Playing Games (1/8)

A couple of my pollees are newer friends so this wasn't very fair to ask them.  (Have I ever mentioned that I don't keep a very large group of friends?)  But it is true that I enjoy our bimonthly game sessions greatly and I played World of Warcraft for a few years.

Chocolate, but Not Anymore (1/8)

Oh... this is the saddest of all the answers, because it is so, so true!  Chocolate, you're just not the same in moderation.  And I miss what we had deeply, but it was finally time to move on and find some healthier relationships.

Despite only polling 8 people, I had a wide range of answers!  This was a huge pick me up the other day when I was feeling down (who doesn't love being the center of attention and finding out what people think of them?).

Here's the funniest thing though.  I asked the question and the women were all like, "Oh sure, here's 10 things."  The menfolk were confused, "Uh... I don't know.  You don't really seem like the type to be obsessed with anything."  Or, "Obsession seems like a strong word, but I guess you like ___."

And that is a perfect example of one of the things my relationship book reading has taught me!  Men are very literal.  Women like to use exaggerated language and absolutes.  "We always" means "we often" and we ladies all know that.  But to Ryan that seems like a horrible and untrue accusation.  "She's obsessed with ___" really just means "she likes it a lot."  But to men it means that person has an unhealthy level of interest in whatever it is.

So anyway, tangents aside, this is super fun and I encourage you all to jump on the bandwagon.

What are YOU obsessed with?  What would your family and friends say?


Jenn signature graphic | Business, Life & Design