To me this title sounds like some mad scientist, "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?" But it's not quite that exciting. I'm really just checking in for the Make Your Own Adventure link up.
This month I was tired. Especially after the Harry Potter DIY mess, I was just a little less enthused than I normally would be for creative projects. I still managed to squeeze most of them in near the end, but I'll be glad to take a little break and set fewer goals for next month. Here's my updates from February, and my new goals for the month of March, theme: Relationships.
5/9. Yeesh! I'm burning out a bit. Anyway, onto the new goals for March...
Linking up with Steph, Stephanie, and Ashley.

This month I was tired. Especially after the Harry Potter DIY mess, I was just a little less enthused than I normally would be for creative projects. I still managed to squeeze most of them in near the end, but I'll be glad to take a little break and set fewer goals for next month. Here's my updates from February, and my new goals for the month of March, theme: Relationships.
February Create Themed Goals
1. Create an Inspirational and Organized Workspace for Art/Design by:
- Organizing and restructuring my portfolio and computer files - Fail. :'(
- Printing and hanging a motivational poster I made a while back - Check!
- Upping the cozy factor of my desk to combat the chilly basement - Check! It's just a blanket and a candle, but whatever. It's warmer now.
2. Create a Healthier Lifestyle by:
- Putting together a binder with our favorite healthy recipes - Fail. I have all the stuff for it, including some beauteous paper I bought just for this project! ...but I haven't actually assembled it yet.
- Following through with February's Habit Building Challenge - Check! (Although success level of said challenge is another story)
- Researching and learning more about meditation - Check! I'm currently reading Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life, as recommended by Kelli, and I did a fair amount of research which led me to the 2 types I'm most intrigued by: mindfulness and concentration (if I ever get to the point where I feel I really understand it/have achieved it, I will elaborate, even though the book specifically said that talking about it to others defeats the purpose of meditation. Lol! Obviously he didn't realize who he was talking to).
| The binder was from an old project and it's a navy blue faux leather material. The paper I just bought and am in love with - all different shades of blue and green. And, inspired by IHeart Organizing, I bought gold stickers to label the dividers. I'm not 100% set on how to organize it, maybe by meal? Or by "type" like entree, side, etc. Or style? So many possibilities! |
3. Create Some Stuff!
- Draw something - Fail.
- Pottery class with Ryan - Check! Our class was only 2 hours long, with 1 hour on the wheel and another hour making a mug from slabs. Not really enough time to make attractive things in either venture, but we still had a good time.
- Greeting card art for scholarship entry - Fail. (Never got motivated)
5/9. Yeesh! I'm burning out a bit. Anyway, onto the new goals for March...
March Relationship Themed Goals
March messed me up a little bit. I was in a formatting groove and then "relationships" wasn't a verb, so I had to change my structure. And then, since I was thinking about goals already, I went and did or set up about half of them before even getting to this month (and one's a secret that I'll tell you about later). But I guess the "person" I most want to do stuff for is my dog. He's been cooped up a lot this past month, and he could really use some outdoor time, and a little more attention inside the house.
So my goals are to:
So my goals are to:
- Visit the dog park once a week and...
- Spend 15 minutes playing with or grooming him every day
Do you have monthly goals? What have you "created" recently?
Linking up with Steph, Stephanie, and Ashley.