
I make resolutions every year. Following through is a different story, and I've had varying levels of success. What I think more interesting is the way the goals change over the years. I think the fact that they change at all is proof of progress in and of itself, and I will totally use that when I'm running low on things to be proud of!
Anyway, here's 2014's Resolutions:
- Think about career goals and make a timeline for them
- Find ways to make my job more interesting and satisfying
- Stop slacking off at work (I'm looking at you Reddit!)
- Set priorities for the work day as well as for personal errands
- Do at least one new/interesting/unusual activity each month (classes, hobbies, crafts, social activities...)
- Cut back on mindless TV time
- Get up early enough to walk the dog and eat a full breakfast without rushing to get to work on time
- Snack less/eat less of the delicious sugary things scattered around the office
- Exercise more and add variety (Zumba, yoga, running, weight lifting, kick boxing, belly dance, etc)
- Read relationship and communication self help books and actually utilize the tips from them
- Be more aware of other people in conversations
- Find things to appreciate about the people around me every day
- Keep journal/handbook to track goal progress and productivity
- Enjoy it all!